CLEANSEANET Data Centre online by end 2010
18 November 2009 saw EMSA host a kick-off meeting for the CleanSeaNet Data Centre (CSN DC).
the CLEANSEANET service, is a satellite based monitoring system for marine oil spill detection and surveillance in European waters. The service provides a range of detailed information including oil spill alerts to Member States, rapid delivery of available satellite images and oil slick position.
Willem de Ruiter, EMSA Executive Director and Roberto Medri, Managing Director of Advanced Computer Systems, signed a contract to develop the CleanSeaNet DC, due to be rolled out in the last quarter of 2010.
The CSN DC will be hosted at EMSA, enabling the Agency to manage Earth observation data and to serve up information to CleanSeaNet users in near real-time.
Forming a platform for future services in the area of satellite pollution detection, the systems’s features will include alert, visualisation, dissemination, input and archiving of data.
European Maritime Safety Agency
- Crisis management (6)
- ECM (48)
- EMS / Compliance Program (5)
- Energy Management (2)
- Environmental management (15)
- Environmental Violation (19)
- EPA (4)
- EU Commission (3)
- EU Environmental Regulatory Updates (12)
- European Maritime Safety Agency (5)
- Events (3)
- Hot News (6)
- OPA 90 and other US requirements (5)
- Paris Mou Port State Control (9)
- Pollution prevention (15)
- Press Review (9)
- Quality management (7)
- Regulatory Updates (6)
- Risk management (4)
- Safety management (6)
- Security Circular Letters (6)
- Seminars (11)
- Training (10)
- US Regulatory Updates (16)
- USCG Activites (9)