Italy: Senate adoptes EP Directives 2008/99/CE and 2009/123/CE
On October 2009 the European Parliament approved Directive 2009/123/EC, also mandating each Member State to adopt it by December 2010. (See our Feb 23 news item). The Directive asks EU Member States to pass criminal penalties for discharging polluting substances detailed in the same EP document. However this Directive should not concern the application of penalties or obligations for individual cases.
On 4 June 2010, Italy’s Senate has also formally implemented the EU Directives 2008/99/CE and 2009/123/CE by enacting Law n.96/2010, published on the “Gazzetta Ufficiale” on 25 June 2010.
Article 19 states that the Goverment has to adopt European Directives 2008/99/CE and 2009/123/CE within 9 months from their original issuing date. So far Spain, Latvia, and Luxembourg have already adopted such Directives in ther respective national legislations.
ECM Europe will continue to monitor the implementation of these and other EU Directives throughout Europe.
- Crisis management (6)
- ECM (49)
- EMS / Compliance Program (5)
- Energy Management (2)
- Environmental management (15)
- Environmental Violation (19)
- EPA (4)
- EU Commission (3)
- EU Environmental Regulatory Updates (12)
- European Maritime Safety Agency (5)
- Events (3)
- Hot News (6)
- Incident Management Exercise (1)
- OPA 90 and other US requirements (5)
- Paris Mou Port State Control (9)
- Pollution prevention (15)
- Press Review (9)
- Quality management (7)
- Regulatory Updates (6)
- Risk management (4)
- Safety management (6)
- Security Circular Letters (6)
- Seminars (11)
- Training (11)
- US Regulatory Updates (16)
- USCG Activites (9)